Analemma, the pattern traced by the (solar) noon sun through the year, makes a figure-8. That figure-8 gets squished and rotated as you move from the pole to the equator.
From the home office at Gale Crater, Mars….
- Citizen Scientists by Loree Griffin Burns
- Eye of the Storm by Kate Messner
- I, Galileo by Bonnie Christensen.
- Scholastic Discover More: The Elements by Dan Green
- Seymour Simon’s Extreme Earth Records Seymour Simon
- The Mighty Mars Rovers. Elizabeth Rusch
Complete list is here: http://www.nsta.org/publications/ostb/ostb2013.aspx